Reports to: Director, Sales
Energy Consultants are responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Their objective is to not only maintain relationships with existing clients but also grow the client base within the company. Through a consultative selling process, Energy Consultants will work with prospects to identify their needs, educate the prospect on available solutions, and help procure the best solution for meeting those needs.
- Assist clients through the procurement process of purchasing energy and energy–related products and services from suppliers throughout the United States.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and knowledge of products and pricing models in deregulated energy markets, including electricity and natural gas.
- Develop annual sales plan detailing activities throughout the year which will focus the Energy Consultant on meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Effectively communicate with business owners and decision makers.
- Develop a strong funnel of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calling, email, and networking.
- Assist in implementing company marketing plans as needed.
- Create and deliver effective proposals identifying prospects’ energy needs, their risk profile, and the appropriate solutions to help their business.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Work within the sales and support teams to satisfy customers, generate revenue, and meet long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- 2-5 years of experience in sales in the energy industry.
- Experience with selling consultative services.
- Strong understanding of client and deregulated energy market dynamics.
- Willingness to work on a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Articulate verbally and via written correspondence
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in the US
Location: Dallas, TX